[Spce-user] checktools in config.yml

Jon Bonilla jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Sep 12 12:10:39 EDT 2011

El Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:33:57 -0700
Skyler <skchopperguy at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
>  Wondering what do these do exactly?
>
> checktools:
>   sip_check_enable: 1
>   mysql_check_enable: 1
>   mpt_check_enable: 0
>   exim_check_enable: 0
>   kamailio_check_dialog_active_enable: 1
>   kamailio_check_dialog_early_enable: 0
>   kamailio_check_usrloc_regusers_enable: 1
>   kamailio_check_usrloc_regdevices_enable: 0
>   oss_check_provisioned_subscribers_enable: 1

Hi skyler

There are several checks in the CE and PRO editions to gather stats and draw
them in the admin panel or export them via snmp (PRO only) for system stats and
monitoring.

These options enable or disable some of these checks. A more complete set of
checks (and better documented) will be released in next version.

This brings me to mind a question I've been asking to some clients and I'd like
also your opinion about this:

Is config.yml file too big or too complex? Having a unique and central point of
configuration seems a good aproach for non-expert people but each release this
file becomes more and more complex and bigger. In the long-term roadmap there's
a web fromtend planned for all these configuration options, not only for the
high-level options present in the provisioning system. But for the next
release, we'll keep the text-only aproach.

Do you think that splitting the file in smaller files by functionality would be
a good idea? Having more but easier to manage config files? Or maybe
config.basic and config.advanced could be a better aproach to this? Or should
we keep one single config file for every option?

Thanks for your comments,

Jon