[Spce-user] server only works after foring ngcpcfg apply to restart services.

Matthew Ogden matthew at tenacit.net
Wed Apr 11 07:41:51 EDT 2012

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Ok, in the interim, I have gone and downloaded version 2.5 of the VMWare
image.

Its actually taken me a step backwards, because now, even after running
ngcpcfg Apply, i still cant make a call to myself.

Here is the output from pstree
root at spce:~# pstree
init-+-acpid
     |-apache2-+-6*[apache2]
     |         `-3*[sh---logger]
     |-asterisk---16*[{asterisk}]
     |-collectdmon---collectd-+-check_sip_optio---check_sip_ngs---sipsak
     |                        `-6*[{collectd}]
     |-cron
     |-dhclient
     |-exim4
     |-5*[getty]
     |-irqbalance
     |-kamailio---29*[kamailio]
     |-kamailio---17*[kamailio]
     |-login---bash---su---bash
     |-mediaproxy-ng
     |-mediator
     |-mysqld_safe---mysqld---44*[{mysqld}]
     |-ntpd---ntpd
     |-rate-o-mat
     |-rsyslogd---4*[{rsyslogd}]
     |-sems---11*[{sems}]
     |-sshd---sshd---bash---pstree
     |-startpar
     `-udevd---2*[udevd]

I have setup everything with a static IP, so I dont think its that, but
its worth mentioning, that doing as per the manual, /etc/init.d/networking
restart
I get the follwoing warning
Running /etc/init.d/networking restart is deprecated because it may not
enable again some interfaces ... (       warning).
And then I have to manually from the console run ifup eth0

Now on 2.5 I get the following warnings when doing ngcpcfg apply:

Executing action for
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/sems/etc/ngcpcfg.services
Restarting sems: sems
Warning: /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/sems/etc/ngcpcfg.services returned
with                           error code, continuing anyway.
Executing action for
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/sems/sems.conf.services
Restarting sems: sems
Warning: /etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/sems/sems.conf.services returned
with er                          ror code, continuing anyway.

And I can no longer call my own number anymore, whereas I could in 2.4