[Spce-user] monitoring registered clients

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:55:45 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 8/17/2012 4:19 AM, Matthew Ogden wrote:
> Many of clients have failover routes, as they are transitioning from
> PSTN/POTS to SIP.

  This is interesting to me too as I have some offices with POTS failover.

> This means if they can’t make calls via SIP, their PBX will send the
> call over PSTN, resulting in the problem not being reported.

  So when the PBX sends an INVITE to SPCE, it may return 404/503 or
similar and then the PBX will fail-over to POTS right? So what is the
'problem' exactly, is this not by design?

> I would like build something that is fetching the whether or not the
> accounts are flapping and whether they are up at all.

  What is 'flapping'? If a PBX is registered as a subscriber on SPCE,
then I assume you mean to find a way in order to monitor that
registration and notify you in some way if it is not registered?

> Do you guys have any suggestions of a good way of achieving this?

  Sure, lots of suggestions can be given. Just need to figure out your
goal exactly :)

--Skyler