[Spce-user] monitoring registered clients

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Aug 20 12:34:47 EDT 2012

El Sat, 18 Aug 2012 13:39:28 -0700
Skyler <skchopperguy at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
>   I see you and I have similar issues/needs :)
>
>   Thinking out loud, for Register flapping the best way I found is to
> have a static public IP on the client router port-forwarding to the pbx
> on LAN side. Then set this IP:port as a permanent contact for the
> subscriber in SPCE. What this does is to tell SPCE to always send calls
> to this IP:port, if timeout/no-reply then go to voicemail or in my case
> sometimes go to IVR server.
>
>   Now its about monitoring site outage(s) (either site Internet, power
> or pbx down). This can be handled by OPTIONS ping to the AOR. If no
> reply, then have a script run via exec_msg() to send you an email. This
> does require some custom modification to default spce though.
>
>   Sometimes static IP is not an option for the site. In this case I set
> pbx to always send calls to spce first with 6 seconds timeout, if
> timeout reached then failover to POTS AND also send me an email. This
> does suck though sometimes because I might get 100 emails from the pbx
> until I can login to pbx and figure out what is wrong. But at least I am
> the first to know when it happens.
>
>   I personally prefer to have the pbx email me as opposed to modifying
> spce side. Does not hurt to do all of the above either ;)

From the server point of view, I've just seen this thread in the sip-router
mailing list. This might be useful as start for monitoring alive clients.

http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2012-August/074337.html

Once the "dead" clients are removed from registration, one could just check
registered vs provisioned subscribers.

We have freezed 2.6 and we're working hard on releasing it before the end of
this month. Once it's released we'll discuss the 2.7-2.8 roadmap and update it.
Not sure if this kind of feature (over the time flapping subscriber detection)
is something we can include in early or later releases. But it's something we
could discuss in the mailing list and check what should be the best approach.

cheers,

Jon