[Spce-user] Asterisk SIP Trunk to Sipwise - Subscriber or something else?

Kevin Masse kmasse at questblue.com
Wed Dec 26 15:56:02 EST 2012

(Originally posted on the spce-dev by mistake.  Would the Administrator of the spce-dev please remove original post.

This belongs in the user list.  Thanks.

Good afternoon, I am seeking some guidance in the sipwise subscriber trunk configuration.

I may have missed something on the requirement in the manual.  I am on the latest build as of today.

I am not seeking help on asterisk.  Asterisk is merely the item in question when connecting to sipwise.

Here is a simple breakdown of the situation.

Installation of sipwise was done by following full install instructions provided.  There were no errors in this process.

·         Inbound calls are routing to Asterisk Box via Subscriber e.164 number match.  This works without any issues.   (no nat, asterisk is sitting on public IP)  This is working because I have the Asterisk box allowing anonymous SIP calls for testing avoiding having to register the trunk.

·         Inbound calls are routing to a telephone registered as a subscriber directly to sipwise.  This works without any issues.  (NAT in use, telephone is behind router)

·         Outbound calls from the telephone registered as a subscriber directly to sipwise are working perfect.  No issues here.

The issue I am having is the SIP trunk registering to sipwise and getting banned every time I make a call attempt.

I have been over the configuration so many times and I am not finding a solution.

I have tried the samples from other user posts in the list.

For example:

http://lists.sipwise.com/pipermail/spce-user/2011-April/000264.html

The configuration sample provide here appear straight forward but I need to understand the process a little better.

1st Do I want my Asterisk box to register to the sipwise as a subscriber with the subscriber name and password?

Or

2nd Do I want my Asterisk box to register to the sipwise server as something else to be able to make outbound calls?

What ends up happening when I try all of the sip trunk settings in the list examples is the Asterisk box ends up getting banned under System Administration à Security Bans à Users   (The IP is not getting banned just the user)

I can provide lots of information but it may not be needed if the above 2 questions have an answer.  I can keep reading from there.

Happy Holidays!

Thank you,

Kevin