[Spce-user] how register asterisk as subscriber

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Mon Jan 2 05:33:35 EST 2012

On 01/02/2012 11:27 AM, Andrew Pogrebennyk wrote:
> On 01/02/2012 11:16 AM, Jayesh Labade wrote:
>> from couple of days i am struggling with this. Any hints for this?
>
> It's not something I have tried before. Could you try to run command
> 'ngrep-sip br' and send me the trace?

Also did you try to specify "username" in your [test02] section, or
"defaultuser" if this is asterisk 1.6+ (but that's what Jon has already
suggested)?

The username config option has dual use:

    When Asterisk registers with another SIP proxy, the username is used
in digest authentication

    When asterisk boots, we have no information on a dynamic peer, a
peer that registers. In order to be able to place a call to the phone,
Asterisk sends an INVITE to username at defaultip .