[Spce-user] Error installing SPCE with ngcp-installer

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Tue Jan 17 19:53:08 EST 2012

* Israel Padron [Tue Jan 17, 2012 at 12:52:02PM +0100]:

> Finally I found the problem and the solution. I noticed that collectd
> failed at restart, so I check syslog and find this: collectd[10069]:
> Looking up "localhost.localdomain" failed. You have set the "FQDNLookup"
> option, but I cannot resolve my hostname to a fully qualified domain name.
> Please fix you network configuration.

Did you use the official Debian installer ISO to set up your base system?

> So I edit collectd.conf and change FQDNLookup to false. Then I run dpkg
> --configure collectd, I executed again ngcp-installer and now it finished
> the installation :)

Jey :) But please consider updating your /etc/hosts so the FQDN can
be resolved.

BTW: We just uploaded an updated ngcp-installer Debian package which
checks for a resolvable FQDN and exits otherwise (if 'hostname
--fqdn' reports an error) - hopefully catching your situation before
continuing with installation.

> Much thanks for the help!

You're welcome, thanks for your feedback!

regards,
-mika-