[Spce-user] Broken packages

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 06:44:17 EDT 2012

Hi Jon,

 Turns out the minimal debian template had exim4 installed too, which I
didn't think about as SPCE uses this ... BUT it
contains libmysqlclient16. Below are the details of dependency errors
leading to the eventual removal of libmysqlclient16 and install of
percona-server-common. After that I ran the installer.deb again and all was
normal. Finally got SPCE installed now.

 I thought the libmysqlclient16 issue with percona was resolved but I guess
its still on the list.

Fun, Fun, Fun

S.

root at vsu1:/home/skyler# ngcp-installer
Welcome to Sipwise sip:provider installer.

This software comes WITH NO WARRANTY.
If you need SLA please consider upgrading to Sipwise sip:provider Pro
Edition.

This installation script is not intended to run in a shared system,
as it can add/delete/update existing configurations.
Please run this script only in a base install of 64 bit Debian 6.x on a
dedicated server.

Do you want to continue with the installation process? (y/n)y

Running as root... OK
Internet access... OK
Looks like a clean install... OK
Check Debian version... OK
Check 64 bit capable system... OK
Updating package repository...OK
Installing package list. This might take several minutes depending on your
network connection...Error while installing ngcp-ngcp-ce
Reading state information...
or been moved out of Incoming.

 ngcp-ngcp-ce : Depends: ngcp-services-ce but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages

root at vsu1:/home/skyler# apt-get install ngcp-services-ce
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 ngcp-services-ce : Depends: percona-server-client-5.1 but it is not going
to be installed
                    Depends: percona-server-server-5.1 but it is not going
to be installed
E: Broken packages

root at vsu1:/home/skyler# apt-get install percona-server-client-5.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 percona-server-client-5.1 : Depends: percona-server-common (>=
5.1.57-rel12.8-233.squeeze) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

root at vsu1:/home/skyler# apt-get install percona-server-common
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libmailutils2 libmysqlclient16 mailutils mysql-common
  percona-server-common
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 4 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 8990 B of archives.
After this operation, 8638 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  percona-server-common
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Get:1 http://deb.sipwise.com/percona/ squeeze/main percona-server-common
all 5.1.57-rel12.8-233.squeeze [8990 B]
Fetched 8990 B in 0s (16.5 kB/s)
(Reading database ... 17548 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing mailutils ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/bsd-from to provide /usr/bin/from
(from) in auto mode.
Removing libmailutils2 ...
Removing libmysqlclient16 ...
Removing mysql-common ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Selecting previously deselected package percona-server-common.
(Reading database ... 17434 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking percona-server-common (from
.../percona-server-common_5.1.57-rel12.8-233.squeeze_all.deb) ...
Setting up percona-server-common (5.1.57-rel12.8-233.squeeze) ...

Configuration file `/etc/mysql/my.cnf'
 ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
 ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** my.cnf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? Y
Installing new version of config file /etc/mysql/my.cnf ...

[...]

Installation finished. Thanks for choosing NGCP sip:provider Community
Edition.