[Spce-user] authentication with peerings

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Mar 29 09:23:27 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 03/29/2012 10:12 AM, Joan Cifre (ibred) wrote:
> Here you have the debug output. I can see a "failed registration" but I
> don't see the reason. The user is "user_12345"

It says "DEBUG: Received reply: 408 Request Timeout", which means the
host at sip:ib-red.com:5060 is not reachable from your system, or at
least doesn't answer your REGISTER.

To verify that, you can do (adapt eth0 to whatever interface you use for
the public IP):

	ngrep -W byline -d eth0 port 5060

and watch the SIP REGISTER go out to the peer. You can force a
re-register by executing "/etc/init.d/sems restart". If you don't get a
reply, check with your peering provider if they get the message, and if
so, why they don't answer to that.

Andreas