[Spce-user] Subscriber upper registration

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Mon May 14 16:40:36 EDT 2012

Hi Issac,
I've just realized I didn't reply to this email.

On 04/24/2012 08:00 PM, Isaac McDonald wrote:
> According to the log the username was numeric and failed.
> "subscriber_preferences failed: 'peer_auth_user' must be a valid
> username, not '603" After I changed the username to one beginning with
> a letter I was able to save changes. It appears that the field
> "peer_auth_user:" in the subscriber preferences is not sanitizing the

There's a variable in /etc/ngcp-config/config.yml
allow_numeric_usernames, it needs to be enabled if you want to use
digits only in the subscriber username or 'peer_auth_user'. We'll think
about improving the error message though.

> input. I beleive I am running version 2.5. How can I check the
> version?

Just check the repository URL in /etc/apt/sources.list or
dpkg -l | grep templates
Also if the bottom of the admin panel says NGCP www_admin version 3.3
then it's 2.5 release.

> Now that I successfully entered credentials for the subscriber to
> register to a peer, what peer is this user going to register to? What
> peers will use these credentails when placing outbound calls?

If will register to the address from peer_auth_realm.
BR,
Andrew