[Spce-user] "100 Trying" from load balancer

Tue May 22 11:25:03 EDT 2012

On 22.05.2012 15:33, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) wrote:
> El Tue, 22 May 2012 13:23:19 +0200
> Andreas Granig<agranig at sipwise.com>  escribió:
>
>> Hi Klaus,
>>
>> On 05/22/2012 12:11 PM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>> I just started playing with sip:providerCE 2.5 and I wonder why the load
>>> balancer sends "100 Trying"? As it relays stateless, it should not
>>> respond with "100 Trying" as this stops retransmissions and dropped
>>> packets (e.g. between LB and backend servers) will not resent.
>>
>> That's right, it has already been removed in our devel version, but
>> there hasn't been a back-port of that to 2.5 yet. We'll provide an
>> updated deb for that.
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> The new version of the templates, 2.5.7, is already in the spce 2.5
> repositories. Please, upgrade your systems and apply the changes with "ngcpcfg
> apply" as usual.

Thanks, that worked.

Nevertheless, during apt-get update I experienced 2 issues:

a)
     ngcp-db-schema

So, does the DB schema also changes on minor release? What is the
proposed action? Shall I ignore the new packet or install it manually?

b)
Setting up ngcp-sems (1.4.2+sipwise11) ...

Configuration file `/etc/sems/sems.conf'
  ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
  ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
    What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
     Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
     N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
       D     : show the differences between the versions
       Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
  The default action is to keep your current version.
*** sems.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? d

Of course I can choose 'N' but IMO it would be nice if the update
succeeds without any user interaction. You could for example use a
dedicated config file like '/etc/sems/sems-ngcp.conf' to avoid the user
interaction.

Thanks
Klaus