[Spce-user] "100 Trying" from load balancer

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue May 22 14:05:07 EDT 2012

El Tue, 22 May 2012 17:25:03 +0200
Klaus Darilion <klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> escribió:

> > The new version of the templates, 2.5.7, is already in the spce 2.5
> > repositories. Please, upgrade your systems and apply the changes with
> > "ngcpcfg apply" as usual.
>
> Thanks, that worked.
>
> Nevertheless, during apt-get update I experienced 2 issues:
>
> a)
>    The following packages have been kept back:
>      ngcp-db-schema
>
> So, does the DB schema also changes on minor release? What is the
> proposed action? Shall I ignore the new packet or install it manually?

It's a bugfix of the existing package, not a database change within the 2.5
release. Database and yml changes are not allowed within a stable release.

Since 2.5, the database schema is handled by ngcp-db-schema in a "rolling
release" way. But this is for a better upgrade and development procedure.

Same for the yml config schema has been developed for version 2.6. This way,
we'll be able to provide a trunk version of the NGCP platform and handle
database schema and yml schema changes via apt and ngcpcfg in the future.

> b)
> Setting up ngcp-sems (1.4.2+sipwise11) ...
>
> Configuration file `/etc/sems/sems.conf'
>   ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
>   ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
>     What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
>      Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
>      N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
>        D     : show the differences between the versions
>        Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
>   The default action is to keep your current version.
> *** sems.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? d
>
> Of course I can choose 'N' but IMO it would be nice if the update
> succeeds without any user interaction. You could for example use a
> dedicated config file like '/etc/sems/sems-ngcp.conf' to avoid the user
> interaction.

Good point. I'll add it to the roadmap.

Thanks for reporting