[Spce-user] Clarification on how users can see each other

Steve Klund sklund at coastalhorizons.org
Wed Nov 14 10:27:32 EST 2012

Hello All!

Thanks for your patience with my questions.  I think I am connecting to my
sipwise server as the users in Jitsi are now showing "Online".

But now I am not understanding the "RegistrarLess SIP)

I looked on google and I found a statement that says this is used for
peer-to-peer (skype-like) connections.  Can someone comment on this?

Next, I have two users connected:  testuser1 and testuser2. Neither can see
each other.  When I try to add the other as a contact, it appears, but as
though the person is off-line (grey button), and when I try to start a chat,
I get:

So this leads me back to the beginning.

In the setup of the server, there are four areas to configure

Domains

Accounts

Subscribers

Peerings

The Domain I understand.  For now it is just the IP of the sipwise server
within the net <192.168.2.126>

Once I get it running and understand it, I will place on a public IP and a
FQDN <sip.mywebsite.com>

Accounts are described as containers for billing.  The sample shows it being
created blank ( no title )

Subscribers are contained in a specific account

Peerings I have not quite figured out except it may have something to do
with voice chat(?).

So, is the reason my test users cannot see each other because I did not
create a specific account with a label (such as: work-chat) and instead,
left the title blank?

This post maybe out of order, as I am in the process of creating a pictorial
of each step I did with Jitsi to get the user on the local machine.

Again,  thanks for all the help!

Steve Klund

Coastal Horizons Center, Inc.

IT Manager

40th anniversary logoThe information contained in this fascimile document
may be priviledged, confidential, and protected under applicable law and is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any discrimination, distribution, or copying of the
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone
and destroy the document.