[Spce-user] Recommended way to connect with external voice apps

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Fri Nov 16 04:21:45 EST 2012

El Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:00:28 -0800 (PST)
roko <roko98 at yahoo.com> escribió:

> Hi All
>
> I read the blog
> http://www.sipwise.com/news/technical/voice-apps-using-tropo/ from 2011, in
> which the usage of call forwardings is used to add external voice apps.  This
> "recommendation" still applies for 2012 and sip:provider 2.6 version ?
>
> I understand that with with some AGI and modifying the proxy
> configuration, I should be able to do basically whatever that I want, but I
> want to ask for the "recommended" way to add several voice apps.  Think in a
> external, multi-tenant capable IVR container for example, with a lot of apps
> and of course a lot of routing rules to get to them... what would you guys do
> in this case?

I would treat it as any other endpoint. Modifying the proxy by creating a
custom proxy template I'd add another endpoint destination and send the calls
there.

The problem here is thast the proxy should also use a iaddress capable of
sending the messages to that external system. By default it only listens
127.0.0.1

Creating call forwards based on E164 number extensions is also a good idea as
you also have the capability to send those calls to a peering server which
would be the endpoint.

Depending on your needs and you scenario (case you want also to send the call
back to the system and not only act as endpoint), the suggested solution would
be a different one.