[Spce-user] Use of dos_whitelisted_ips??

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Fri Nov 30 09:51:38 EST 2012

Hi Mario,

On 11/30/2012 12:22 PM, Mario Contreras wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to handle two problems with an asterisk that is trying to
> register against my spce. First, If I undeerstand correctly the log,
> asterisk sends a REGISTER, and before spce answers asterisk sends two
> more petitions, so (and I don't know if it is the right way) spce bans it.
>
> I think spce should ban it when it has answered three registers, right?

Yes.

> Anyway, I have tried to add the ip of Asterisk to
> /dos_whitelisted_ips/ parameter in config.yml, but it isn't working.
>
> What's the correct syntax?
>
> Thanks!

In this particular scenario, if you want to avoid that SPCE ban your
asterisk due to too registration attempts,try to increase the
"failed_auth_attempts" parameter or set "failed_auth_ban_enable" to 'no'.
Your Asterisk has been banning not due to a DoS attack, but just for too
many registration attempts.
Anyway you should solve the problem on the Asterisk side.

Regards.