[Spce-user] unset_dlg when CANCEL Method received

Klaus Peter v. Friedeburg friedeburg at aco.de
Wed Nov 14 07:05:37 EST 2012

Hi Jon,

well when 487 received the dialog is destroyed! But when no negative response received from what reason for ever the dialog will be active for 12 hours.
I´It is possible that the following scenario occurs:
Client send an INVITE
Kamailio received and processed the INVITE and create the dialog
Before any response is reaching the kamailio, the client send an CANCEL
Kamailio received and processes the CANCEL but don’t get any response (the sbc down for example)
The result is an "hanging" dialog

Unset_dlg() is not a solution because a call to this function in a REQUEST ROUTE is not allowed, so that we are not able to destroy the dialog when an CANCEL is received. I think it is a good idea to destroy the dialog when CANCEL received. I think that then the "5 second problem" is fixed. It is possible that you can discuss this on the kamailio-mailing-list?

          Klaus Peter