[Spce-user] unset_dlg when CANCEL Method received

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Wed Nov 14 08:52:34 EST 2012

El Wed, 14 Nov 2012 13:05:37 +0100
"Klaus Peter v. Friedeburg" <friedeburg at aco.de> escribió:

> Hi Jon,
>
> well when 487 received the dialog is destroyed! But when no negative response
> received from what reason for ever the dialog will be active for 12 hours.
> I´It is possible that the following scenario occurs: Client send an INVITE
> Kamailio received and processed the INVITE and create the dialog
> Before any response is reaching the kamailio, the client send an CANCEL
> Kamailio received and processes the CANCEL but don’t get any response (the
> sbc down for example) The result is an "hanging" dialog
>
> Unset_dlg() is not a solution because a call to this function in a REQUEST
> ROUTE is not allowed, so that we are not able to destroy the dialog when an
> CANCEL is received. I think it is a good idea to destroy the dialog when
> CANCEL received. I think that then the "5 second problem" is fixed. It is
> possible that you can discuss this on the kamailio-mailing-list?

Well, the "5 second problem" as you name it is nothing we can do about it. It's
there to handle retransmissions. And it will happen whith every destroyed
dialog.

In case you don't get the negative response because the sbc is down, the
running dialogs won't be your biggest problem. The system will stop working at
all!

I can talk to a couple of guys there but the main developer left the Kamailio
project last year and the module in kamailio 3.3 is mantained by Daniel Mierla.
Will try with him. But we won't treat this as a bug.

cheers,

Jon