[Spce-user] Multiple ATA registrations

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:47:43 EST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Dave Massey <dave at optionsdsl.ca> wrote:

> Oddly enough it looks normal now. ..
>
> Excuse me while I bang my head on the wall. :(
>
> How do I change the expiry time?

So just to clarify, all of the old entries from the DB are gone now correct?

 Registration expiry is submitted to the proxy by the device. You can
specify pretty much any time^ you want. There is a caveat in there though.
Earlier in the thread, we looked up the default_expires, min_expires and
max_expires settings for your proxy. What do these mean and how does this
tie together?

 When a device requests registration, it sends a 'Preferred Expires Time'.
Which in your case, is 60 seconds. This means that the device 'advises' it
will send another registration request in the next 60 seconds.

 On the Proxy side, it receives this request for 60 second expiry. It then
looks at its own 'min_expires and max_expires' time and measures against
the device' request. Then approves or disapproves with an updated expires=.
Disapproves?

 Let's say your proxy min_expires=90, max_expires=3600 and
default_expires=3600. Your device requests an expires=4000, well that is
more than the max_expires; so the proxy allows registration BUT replies
with an updated expires=3600. Basically "Be advised that I am deleting your
AOR in 3600 seconds, like it or not".

 After all that, you really don't need to think about what I just said ;)

 Your proxy min_expires=60 and max_expires=43200. Meaning you really can
choose any expires time you want on the device.. ;)

Skyler