[Spce-user] adding additional (strange requirement) header for a peer

Matthew Ogden matthew at tenacit.net
Mon Oct 22 18:17:55 EDT 2012

Perfect, thanks Jon!

One small typo, in case someone else reads your comment when trying to check
the same thing:
ngrep-sip b port 5052 should have been ngrep-sip b port 5062 (the port of
the proxy instance of kamailio).

My understanding of the architecture has increased drastically from this
conversation (and re-reading the manual makes a lot more sense to me now!).

I now have another request from this peer.

They say that my From header should not contain my "auth user" with them,
only my authorization section.
What would be the best way of achieving this? When IP auth is used, SPCE,
sends the correct From, but when authentication is used, SPCE buts the From
User as
From: "CLI" <sip:authuser at peer-realm>

Is there a global setting to change this, or should I be using the
proxy.cfg.customtt.tt2?

Regards