[Spce-user] Bad Auth on outbound via interconnect

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Fri Oct 26 08:56:23 EDT 2012

Hi Rob,

On 10/26/2012 09:54 AM, Rob Watkin wrote:
> I have a test interconnect (SIP peer) which authorises on IP address
> only. I am able to receive inbound calls through the interconnect but
> outbound fails with "Forbidden (Bad Auth)".
>
> I have tried tailing /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-proxy.log but there is som
> much in there I'm not sure where to start. I suspect that I may need to
> but some re-writing rules in place. Could some-one give me some pointers
> as to where I might begin diagnosing this problem.

Best thing is to do an "ngrep-sip b" on the machine to collect a SIP
trace of such a call, and post it here. What would also help to know is
some basic information what your interconnect partner told you how calls
are authenticated (IP, some special From/P-Asserted-Identity format
and/or something else), so we can compare it to what you actually send.

Andreas