[Spce-user] PATCH: Updated to 2.6 - OPTIONS && NOTIFY

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:26:41 EDT 2012

Hi Jon,
On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 6:29 AM, Jon Bonilla <jbonilla at sipwise.com> wrote:

> El Wed, 24 Oct 2012 16:26:47 -0700
> Skyler <skchopperguy at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >   I submitted this a while back (2.5) and someone (forget who) requested
> > the OPTIONS & NOTIFY patch(es) be updated for 2.6. Here you go!
> >
> > Copyright: I transfer all the copyright and ownership of these patches to
> > Sipwise as thanks for letting us all use CE.
> >
> > --Skyler
>

> Hi Skyler
>
> I'm checking your patches. Thanks for updating them!
>

> Just a couple of tips:
>
> - In kamailio configuration we check if the security features are enabled
> via
>   "ifdef ENABLE_PIKECHECK" and "ifdef ENABLE_AUTHCHECK". The config.yml
>   features add those "define" lines in kamailio.cfg

 I thought it was a neat feature to use the [% IF
kamailio.lb.security.dos_ban_enable == "yes" %] check instead, as then the
final kamailio.cfg is nice and clean after ngcpcfg apply ;)

> - The Pike module check is done for every request in ROUTE_NET_INFO, the
> very
>   first route we call in the proxy configuration. That wouldn't needed when
>   checking OPTIONS processing in PRX_REQUEST route.

 You are right, if there is high-volume then Pike will catch this
in ROUTE_NET_INFO. The purpose to check the OPTIONS in PRX_REQUEST is
mainly to catch low-volume probing, even though the default 200 gives no
further info anyway. Maybe I need to add my own "ifdef PARANOID" ;)