[Spce-user] Questions on what SPCE can do?

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Sep 3 04:46:20 EDT 2012

El Sun, 2 Sep 2012 20:07:53 -0400
Dave Massey <dave at optionsdsl.ca> escribió:

Hi Dave

> Im not looking to bill customers by minutes, etc, just flat rates for "x"
> minutes included or an unlimited package.
>
> For setting up peer billing, I want to just set up the rates by destination,
> and track total minutes used, just for informational purposes, this is
> possible?

You have all the information in the cdr exports. You just need to parse the one
you need.

> Also say I have a plan that includes 500 anywhere minutes, is there a
> mechanism that can shut off the account, until the next monthly billing cycle
> comes around for the customer?

You can use free time not to bill those customers. But if you want to disable
them until next billing cycle you'll need the prepaid module present in the PRO
version.

The CE uses postpaid billing and it can just disable customers based on the
anti-fraud when they go over a limit of money on their plans. You can use free
minutes + low money amount + fraud detection more often to "hack" that.

Another option would be you via and external provisioning system, parse the
exported cdrs and call to subscriber lock when they reach the limit.

As you see you have three options to go with that. Prepaid in PRO edition is
the way to go IMHO.

Jon