[Spce-user] how to disable click2dial feature?

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Sep 3 05:06:07 EDT 2012

El Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:14:14 +0200
"Basem H" <spce at oratel.co.uk> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I have setup a network class of service (NCOS) rule that allows only calls to
> on-network e.164 numbers (aliases), so that calls to the SIP URI (i.e:
> user at foo.com) are prohibited, but the click-2-dial feature is using the
> subscriber SIP URI/Username as the callee address, so the click-2-dial
> feature has stopped to work properly.
>
> I would like to do one of the following:
>
> 1. Disable the click-2-dial feature.
>
> Or:
>
> 2. Force it to use the e.164 number (aliases) instead of the subscriber SIP
> URI/Username.
>
> Any suggestions?

Not at the moment. The roadmap was closed for 2.6 long time ago and we couldn't
include anything else to it.

Disabling click2dial is a good idea indeed. We'll try to add an option for that.
Forcing it to use aliases instead  of the username has to be checked. Aliases
and E164 number are not a required field since 2.4 or 2.5. We need to check how
this change would impact the behaviour and the billing marks.

You could check in kamailio proxy configuration if the calls is generated in in
networking.iaddress:sems.bindport to detect a call originated by clieck2dial
and drop it.

I'll definitely add something to the roadmap.

Thanks for pointing this out.