[Spce-user] sip:provider CE v2.8 released

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Apr 1 06:06:37 EDT 2013

El Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:45:24 -0700
Skyler <skchopperguy at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
>   Thank you for the LTS and many great updates this release!
>
>   Wondering if Kamailio 4.0 is slated for SPCE 3.0? Will it also be
> back-ported for 2.8-LTS at that time too?

Most probably kamailio 4.0 will be present in spce 3.X . Can't say the version
though. We have roadmap for the following 100 years and the priorities change
from release to release.

We still plan to release every 3 months. There will be no backports to older
releases. Our plans are the same as always: World domination.

Regarding releases, our idea at the moment is to release 4 times per year and
one of those will be declared LTS with 3 years of support. "Normal" releases
will have 6 month support. No backports, just security and bugfixes to released
versions, including LTS.

At the moment we were supporting the releases for around 1 year and updating
our commercially supported clients once per year at least. This new
support/release format will help those ones willing to keep a working release
for more time, will also allow people to upgrade once per year from lts to lts
and will still allow people willing to have the most recent features to upgrade
every three months. Every release is suitable for production environment.
Normal verions won't be "test" versions. Releasing a trunk installer is also an
idea we're developing.

LTS won't be a more stable version. It will be just like the others but with
longer support. Stability is achieved by automated testing (done for every
release) and customer/community support. Here, LTS will have longer lifetime
and more bugreports will be sent.

We'll see how this works out. As always, you feedback is welcomed!

cheers,

Jon