[Spce-user] SBC Call routing

Deon Vermeulen vermeulen.deon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 17:26:17 EDT 2013

Hi

My SPCE setup is a SBC (gateway) only.
I don't do any Billing, Voice Mail, conferencing or speed dialling.
I mainly/only use the SBC features and routing of calls from/to 2 peers
from/to our Wholesale.

DIAGRAM:

                                                           CARRIER 1
(International)
                                                                 /
                                                               /
WHOLESALE = = = = = = = = = SBC
                                                              \
                                                                \
                                                             CARRIER 2
(International)

I've been "playing" with different configuration scenarios, but keep
running into "routing" deadened(s).

The idea is as follows:

     -    Two International Carriers (Inbound and Outbound)
     -    Carrier/Provider Billing will be done on the WHOLESALE so we
require two separate Profiles, one for each Carrier.
     -    Outbound routing to the carriers are based on call cost and
will be done on the WHOLESALE.
     -    Inbound Routing over the SBC to the WHOLESALE should be done
based on carrier from whom the call was received to be able to Bill the
Carrier/Provider for calls to our network.

The 3 Scenarios I've setup and tested thus far, but with no avail, are
as follows:

1. One Peering Profile to each Carrier and One Subscriber Profile for
each Carrier to the Wholesale.
     - Problem I'm facing here is that I'm not 100% sure how to route
Outbound Calls from WHOLESALE to the correct Peering.

2. One Subscriber Profile to each Carrier and One Peering Profile for
each Carrier to the Wholesale.
     - Again, I'm not 100% sure how to route Inbound Calls from the
Carriers to the correct Subscriber.

3. One Peering Profile to each Carrier and One Peering Profile for each
Carrier to the Wholesale.
     - Problem I'm facing is that calls are not routed between Peerings.
i.e. Calls from WHOLESALE destined to CARRIER 1 is not routed to
"Outbound" Peering Profile destined for CARRIER 1.
         * I would assume that this scenario could be the BEST option as
it gives more routing options/flexibility.

Thank you very much for any assistance/guidance.

Kind Regards
Deon