[Spce-user] sip:provider CE v2.8 released

Kevin Masse kmasse at questblue.com
Tue Apr 2 09:55:32 EDT 2013

Excellent question Joel.

Along with going from 2.6 to 2.8 I would like to add to this overall
question.

In addition to the 2.8 question I am wondering about the connectivity
for the proposed roadmap to 3.0 I noticed the following comment posted
by Andreas on March 29th.

After v2.8 we'll switch to v3.0 (due in ~3 months as always) with a
completely reworked web panel, and we'll switch to a REST interface for
3rd party provisioning clients, and no more new features will be exposed
via the SOAP and XMLRPC (and we'll phase it out completely by end of
this year)

In order to properly plan to be working in 3.0 what are the
recommendations?

Joel's question: Is 2.7 required before 2.8?

My additional questions:
Will the SOAP continue to work up to 2.8?
If SOAP will be phased out in 3.0 and move over to REST what will the
lead time be to allow our programmers to build and test new connectivity
before the 3.0 release?

Thanks
Kevin