[Spce-user] sip:provider CE v2.8 released

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Apr 3 08:51:48 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 04/03/2013 01:50 PM, Deon Vermeulen wrote:
> I'll be upgrading to the current version and then take it from there.
> It would still be great if the dev team could look into a feature to
> generate invoices from within spce.

That has been on our agenda for quite a while, but it never got high
priority so far. The bits and pieces are actually there in the db
schema, it has just never been exposed to the UI, and the job of
creating invoices was some proof-of-concept some years ago (the roots of
SPCE go back into 2007 already).

However, with the upcoming 3.0 we're going to enforce couple of things
during provisioning via the new UI/API like having a contact for a
contract for exactly that use-case, so we'd have the delivery
information (address, email etc) ready for putting it on invoices and
even send them out. So yeah, this will most likely be in 3.1 (~6 months
from now).

The new panel/provisioning is still in a too early stage for making
useful contributions (the design and skeleton is there and we're in the
process of putting together the various bits and pieces), but I guess
within a month or two it should be possible for people to make useful
contributions in that regards as well.

Andreas