[Spce-user] sip:provider CE v2.8 released

Deon Vermeulen vermeulen.deon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 07:50:31 EDT 2013

Hi Skyler

Thanks for the welcome.

I actually have spce in production, but only for consumers, i.e.
individual home users.
This is still early days and a very basic setup.
I still need to learn it.

What I currently use for Commercial Market is a freeswitch Class 5
Switch as well as the same setup as my SBC/Carrier Switch to my Providers.
The reason I have the Freeswitch C5 switch in the SBC/Carrier slot is
because it can do Provider Billing amongst other useful things.
The other main reason why I terminate commercial customers on it is
because I can generate on system invoices, i.e. CDRs are attached to the
invoice. It is also generated automatically based on a weekly, monthly,
quarterly, annually term.

I would prefer to have one distributed platform/system as it makes
support and maintenance much easier.

I really love the SPCE all in one solution with the flexibility it
brings, but still need to do a lot of testing, learning before I can
ever think of only having it as the preferred platform/system.

I'll be upgrading to the current version and then take it from there.
It would still be great if the dev team could look into a feature to
generate invoices from within spce.

Kind Regards

Deon