[Spce-user] sip:provider CE v2.8 released

Skyler skchopperguy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 18:53:21 EDT 2013

Hi Deon,

  Congrats on yer move from 'lurker' to 'poster', hehe. Welcome to the
list ;)

On 4/1/2013 1:28 PM, Deon Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been watching/monitoring SPCE for quite some time now and am very excited the progress and ground this development has made/cover over the past 2 years to reach this new release.

  Do you not use spce in a production capacity yet?

> The source billing feature is exactly what I've been looking for, but the only single feature at the moment keeping me from replacing my current switching environment with SPCE is that SPCE doesn't give one the option to manually/automatically generate an invoice for prepaid Customers and/or Providers.
>
> I really feel that the sipwise team should look into this for the next release as normally prepaid customers and providers are those that require an invoice for TAX purposes.
>
> One could argue that an invoice can be generated of the system, but the manual "Off-System" process would become and admin nightmare if you have for argument sake 100 or more invoices to generate at month end or whatever the general billing cycle is set to.

   Ya, you'll need a 3rd party app or build yer own BUT everything is
there for 100% integration. Feel free to ask the list for suggestions,
everyone is quite helpful as you've probably noticed. There is a lot of
power given via the provisioning (SOAP/XMLRPC) so no reason why you
couldn't make this happen in the 3rd party billing.

> I also can't get my head around is DID/Trunk Billing to customers who have their own in house PABX and SIP Trunk back to SPCE.

  Think of it this way:

SIP TRUNK CUSTOMER = SUBSCRIBER (they pay you)
PEER = UPSTREAM (you pay them)

Create each sip trunk as a subscriber, put the PABX IP:PORT as a trusted
device, then add the DIDs for them as aliases. Calls to aliases will be
sent to the IP:PORT entered as the device. Lots of help available, any time.

Skyler