[Spce-user] Σχετ: Sip Provider CE specs

Matthew Ogden matthew at tenacit.net
Fri Apr 5 09:06:33 EDT 2013

Hi Andreas,

In the defence of virtualisation :)

Virtualized system performance is much the same- always bound by the limits
of hardware in terms of RAM, Disk and CPU performance.

But having said that, we have MS SQL server virtualised on SANs with SSD
drives, and these servers are doing averaging 30'000 peaking at 80'000 iops
no problem. Its really just a function of where the bottlenecks lie  and in
this case, we say none, as the aren't enough requests to our client! :)

If however someone is going for your Sipwise Pro platform, I would infact
suggest they don't virtualise, and rather just use your system to provide
the virtualised IP and database sync. its more cost effective with no
expensive SAN or Virtualisation software

I'm sure buying your Sipwise Pro / carrier, and installing Intel PCI based
enterprise SSD is a much better price point!

But then the alternative often has to happen - virtualisation: in our
country, virtualised hosting is growing and growing, and many Datacenters no
longer allow your own equipment to be in them... they want their own servers
hosting your platforms, or you need to be spending much much more money than
is viable.

Regards