[Spce-user] Rewrite rules

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Wed Apr 17 11:14:27 EDT 2013

Hi Theo,

Here it is how the priority works:

>From the Handbook:
"The selection of peering servers for outbound calls is done in the
following order:
1. length of the matching peering rules for a call.
2. priority of the peering group.
3. weight of the peering servers in the selected peering group.
After one or more peering group(s) is matched for an outbound call, all
servers in this group are tried, according to their weight (lower weight
has more precedence). If a peering server replies with SIP codes 408,
500 or 503, or if a peering server doesn’t respond at all, the next
peering server in the current peering group is used as a fallback, one
after the other until the call succeeds. If no more servers are left in
the current peering group, the next group which matches the peering
rules is going to be used"

I think you can try the following solution:

Peer 1 - priority 1

Peeing rule 1
Callee Prefix: null
Caller pattern: XXX
Callee pattern: null

Peeing rule 2
Callee Prefix: null
Caller pattern: null
Callee pattern: null

Peer 2 - priority 1

Peeing rule 1
Callee Prefix: null
Caller pattern: YYY
Callee pattern: null

Peeing rule 2
Callee Prefix: null
Caller pattern: null
Callee pattern: null

In this configuration all calls from domain XXX will match Peer 1/Peeing
rule 1.
If it fails, the system should try and match to Peer 2/Peeing rule 2.

Same for domain YYY. It will match first Peer 2/Peeing rule 1.
If it fails, the system should try and match to Peer 1/Peeing rule 2.

br,
Daniel