[Spce-user] Network Configuration

Matthew Ogden matthew at tenacit.net
Thu Apr 18 09:59:34 EDT 2013

One other option of course would be to have 2 SPCE's running?

Allow your router to route packets between SPCE #1 and SPCE #2, but SPCE
#2 is on same L2 connection to special provider. Assuming you can use 2
IPs on the private L2 side.

Then SPCE #2 can keep its L2 connection, and can still use your route for
getting out of that L2 connection to elsewhere (back to SPCE#1).

Complicated I'd say! But multiple RTP proxies involves more knowledge than
the above networking knowledge.

PROVIDER 2

> >>                                                                  SIP
TRUNK

> >> Internal Network  ---- SIP TRUNK  -----   SPCE   ----- SIP TRUNK
-----
> >> PROVIDER 1
> >>

> >>                                                                  SIP
TRUNK

> >> PROVIDER 3
> >>

> >> Network Addresses and Listening Ports:
> >>
> >> Internal Network
> >> - Eth0
> >>       ip: 192.168.0.10
> >>       netmask: 255.255.255.0
> >>       port: 5060
> >>       protocol: udp
> >>       rtp_ext
> >>       web_int
> >>       web_ext
> >>
> >> PROVIDER 1
> >> - Eth1
> >>       ip: 172.16.1.10
> >>       netmask: 255.255.255.0
> >>       port: 6080
> >>       protocol: udp
> >>       rtp_ext
> >>
> >> PROVIDER 2
> >> - Eth2
> >>       ip: 172.16.2.10
> >>       netmask: 255.255.255.0
> >>       port: 6085
> >>       protocol: udp
> >>       rtp_ext:
> >>
> >> PROVIDER 3
> >> - Eth3
> >>       ip: 172.16.3.10
> >>       netmask: 255.255.255.0
> >>       port: 6090
> >>       protocol: udp
> >>       rtp_ext
> >>

> >> OBJECTIVES:
> >> 1. All services should be available on the Internal Network.
> >> 2. Only SIP and RTP services should be available on the PROVIDER
> networks.
> >> 3. Only the assigned SIP Ports should be available to the respective
> >> PROVIDER, ie. PROVIDER 1 only port 6080 udp.
> >> 4. I'm not sure how the roles should be setup for each respective
> >> interface?
> >>

> >> Thanks a lot.
> >>
> >> Kind Regards
> >>
> >> Deon
> >>
> >> Deon Vermeulen <mailto:vermeulen.deon at gmail.com> April 18, 2013
> 11:58
> >> AM Hi
> >>
> >> Can anyone please help me to achieve the following network
> configuration:

PROVIDER 2

> >>                                                                  SIP
TRUNK