[Spce-user] Peer outbound_from_user changes

Matthew Ogden matthew at tenacit.net
Tue Apr 23 16:34:46 EDT 2013

Thanks Andrew,

I had actually written about 2 hours ago that I found it around  line 4413
in the in (version 2.8). But dinner was calling!

I see the manual is a little out dated
http://www.sipwise.com/doc/2.8/spce/ar01s06.html#_proxy_authentication_for
_outbound_calls
Still says, that you need to manually configure authentication which is
not true, plus you are able to configure a lot more in 2.8 than in 2.5.

Like you say, the framework for adding it as a drop down is at least there
now. (I don't fully understand all those other options though yet)

I imagine at some point I could start assisting in such a thing. Can
anyone add to the projects? Or would one add it to your own and give you
guys the SVN/GIT patch?

Granted, I think passing the CLI in the user of the URI is not common
internationally? Seems to be the modus operandi here. And not everyone is
supporting IP authentication, some of them do require user auth - so I
have to modify it.

Regards