[Spce-user] I-phone app registration issue

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Fri Aug 2 08:21:58 EDT 2013

El Fri, 2 Aug 2013 15:08:26 +0300
andreas tseiko <a.tseiko at hotmail.com> escribió:

> Dear All,
> Sorry for any incovenience but I would like to know what this "feature" does.
> Bets regards.

The push feature is like with gmail, whatsapp or other push enabled
applications. The system (NGCP) sends a push notification to the client via
Android Market or iOS apns (I think that was the name). When the mobile device
receives the notification it wakes up, registers against the server and
receives the call.

Beneficts:
No need to be registered and keep connection alive or drain battery
to receive calls. The app is no in the background but offline and wakes to
receive the call.

Cons:
The app must support push.
The call needs to be holt until the push notification is sent and the client
receives it. The server must support that.