[Spce-user] SPCE v3 - reseller gui

Gavin Sweet gavin.sweet at skyracktechnology.com
Tue Aug 27 05:29:04 EDT 2013

IMHO, we will probably all have different reseller models, not as simple as
just reselling "switch access".

I think the ideal would be what we see in other service platforms, where
there is a role-based security model that can be configured with some
granularity, so as to chose what read/write access each account should have.

For instance:
- You might only want a "reseller" (or one of their user accounts) to simply
see subscribers within the customer, and allow password resets or voicemail
email resets (classic support actions).
- You might want a reseller account with admin access to api (or not).
- We definitely wouldn't want our resellers to have access to any of the
configuration that can affect routeing (peer setup, re-write rules etc)
because we want that locked down by us (we would event want it to be
visible).

I'm sure we all have other real use cases that warrant more granular
permissions.

Thanks
Gavin