[Spce-user] SPCE and NAT

Dave Massey dave at optionsdsl.ca
Wed Feb 13 08:55:34 EST 2013

Hey all.

Is there any requirement for the client/ATA to have specific NAT settings enabled if the ATA is behind a NAT consumer router?
SPCE is on a public IP.

I have one case where the ATA loses connection/will not register to SPCE after some time (24 hours?) and requires resetting all the equipment/router and it will re-establish connection.
I havent enabled any specific NAT things in any ATAs and its only a problem with this one customer, perhaps their D-link router?
Other cases even with the ATAs behind double NAT and everything is fine.
Re-Registration time is 60 seconds, I figure thats lots to keep holes open in NAT routers.

Any thing that might have to be checked?
I know this probably not specific to SPCE.

Thanks!

Dave