[Spce-user] Sip reinvites to carriers

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Fri Jan 4 04:45:00 EST 2013

El Thu, 3 Jan 2013 14:16:43 -0800
Michael Molina <saudadez at hotmail.com> escribió:

> Hello to everyone and happy new year. My issue is as follows: I make a call
> using a particular carrier (net2phone). They disconect the call every 15
> minutes. I place a trouble ticket with them and they want to turn on the
> Re-invite timers on the computer to every 14 minutes so they know we are
> still alive. I don't have this problem with my other carriers. How do I go
> about this. My switch is running for over a yaer now without any issues at
> all. The version is 2.4. I didn't want to upgrade because it simply works
> great. I will really appreciate any help on this matter. The service with
> them is reliable and the rates (international, are simply great). I believe
> this can be fixed but I am lost at this time.Thanks to all.Michael Molina.

Well, this is session-timer issue. Looks like they request session timers in
form of reinvite to be sent every 14 minutes or they drop the call. The weird
thing is that this feature needs to be *negotiated* between both endpoints. Not
every system support it.

The spce does indeed support session timers.

In 2.4, please check that you have the following setting enabled in config.yml

sems.sbc.session_timer.enable

And please send us a 'ngrep-sip b host yourpeer' capture to check if the
reinvites are being sent and why the call is being disconected.