[Spce-user] SIP 200 packets rejected on trunk

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Jan 17 06:07:36 EST 2013

Hi Byron,

On 01/17/2013 11:51 AM, Byron Smith wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a trunk with a remote peer but their SBC is
> rejecting my SIP 200 due to the Record-Route headers and he is asking me
> to remove these headers.

Record-Route headers are an integral part of SIP, and every device
compliant to SIP really MUST support them.

There is no way to remove them from the SPCE without completely and
horribly breaking the call flows.

If they insist on removing them, you better change your trunking
provider as they obviously don't know what they are doing.

Andreas