[Spce-user] inbound routing to domain?

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue Jul 2 14:48:49 EDT 2013

El Tue, 2 Jul 2013 20:01:16 +0200
Theo <axessofficetheo at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi
>
> Apologies, have been caught up in other things. I understand the first
> answer you gave but I don't think that covers what I am looking for. What I
> am looking for is the ability to simply say "123456789" must go to
> domain.com. This is over and above the normal functionality you describe -
> we're using it that way and that works fine. The scenario is for the
> following reasons:
>
> A client uses a hosted PBX which is hosted at client1.example1.com. We now
> change that client onto another PBX and point the domain to the new IP. In
> my example above nothing would have to be done in sipwise as it simply
> sends the calls to the domain. Especially when sending 100 numbers to a
> domain this seems useful? Additionally, if we have a new request for 500
> number to be sent to a downstream client, it would be handy to be able to
> add a block to do exactly this, or if not contiguous number, import them
> somehow.
>
> Hope that clarifies what we're looking for a little?

Yes and no :)

I know what you mean and I try to check if it can be done without
developing/extending what e have.

Let's see:

- Every E164 number in ngcp is actually a block. Each time you provide a number
  to a  subscriber you're asigning a block.
- You can asign any quantity of e164 blocks to a subscriber so moving number to
  one subscriber to another or adding/removing numbers/blocks is covered by
  default.

Routing to a domain is more challenging. I would say, without testing it, that
you can create a fake registration (permanent contact) for those pbx. For
example you could add

"sip:pbx at domain.sample.com" as permanent contact to a subscriber. Then you can
add to that subscriber any numbers/blocks at will. you'll need to enable
"e164_to_ruri" preference to send the number instead of "pbx" when sending a
call.

If I'm not wrong, the lb should perform a SRV/AAAA/A query of domain.sample.com
to route the call. So it might be possible to route based on dns. But I never
tested this and I'm not sure.

Note: In your case and if you move the domains often you should disable dns
cache. But let's check first if this could work out.