[Spce-user] MySQL location and DB structure

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue Jul 23 12:16:07 EDT 2013

El Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:19:33 +0200
"Cédric M." <angenoir at angenoir.com> escribió:

> Hi All,
>
> I just discovered "sip:provider CE" and I give it a try.
>
> It seems that it will fit all my needs but I've a question : does it is
> possible to use a dedicated MySQL server instead of the one installed on
> "localhost" ?

It is.

> I can copy the local MySQL users and DBs to the dedicated DB server, but I
> don't know which configuration files I must modify, I suppose there are
> several. I can see that the main password is in the
> file /etc/mysql/sipwise.cnf, but after ... ?

No ocnfiguration files at all. You just need to configure the db host
in /etc/ngcp-config/constants.yml

You'll find in the handbook everything related to the configuration framework.

> Also, where can I find some DB structure description ?
> Some explanations on the role of each DB/table ?
> It will be usefull :)

We don't have that description in any public document yet. You can ask us from
our amazing trainings where everything is explained :)

> By the way: how can we search in this list ?
> It is crazy but I haven't find the "search" function!

"site:lists.sipwise.com/pipermail/spce-user/" in google. I have a search engine
in my iceweasel just for this:

manwe at quenya:~$ cat /etc/iceweasel/searchplugins/common/spce.src
<search
 name="Sipwise spce-user mailing
list"
method="GET"
action="http://www.google.com/search"
queryCharset="utf-8"

  <input name="q"
user> <input name="sitesearch"
user> value="lists.sipwise.com/pipermail/spce-user/">
</search>
manwe at quenya:~$ cat /etc/iceweasel/searchplugins/common/spce.xml