[Spce-user] UA NAT identification

John Murray john.murray at skyracktelecom.com
Wed Jul 24 10:22:50 EDT 2013

Andreas hi,

> It checks for RFC1918 addresses in various parts of the SIP message, and
it checks whether these addresses are different from the one > where the
message was received from.

I think that's my biggest problem. The Avaya PBX behind the NAT is on
address 200.1.2.3 and not rfc1918.

> You can check with ngrep-sip what the phone sends in REGISTER and INVITE.
Probably the phone itself already does some NAT detection
> via STUN?

It doesn't look like it. It doesn't refer to the public address anywhere in
the header, just the private address.

So I guess without changing the address of the PBX to rfc1918 I'm stuck.

Regards

John