[Spce-user] Sipwise::JitsiProvisioning XCAP server assumptions

Marc Storck mstorck at voipgate.com
Thu Jun 6 12:25:50 EDT 2013

Good evening,

I've setup my lab SIP:Provider CE installation using DNS SRV records in
order to use my main domain instead of a subdomain. In this example I use
myexampledomain.abc as the SIP domain and sip.myexampledomain.abc as the
physical hostname of my SIP:Provider CE installation.

So I have setup:

_sip._udp.myexampledomain.abc.	IN	SRV	5 25 5060 sip.myexampledomain.abc.
_sip._tcp.myexampledomain.abc.	IN	SRV	5 25 5060 sip.myexampledomain.abc.
_sips._tcp.myexampledomain.abc.	IN	SRV	5 25 5061 sip.myexampledomain.abc.

sip.myexampledomain.abc.	IN	A	192.0.2.87

Now my SIP URI is me at myexampledomain.abc (and matches my email address
BTW) instead of me at sip.myexampledomain.abc

This works fine for SIP and RTP etc. However I've found 1 issue so far
with the Jitsi auto provisioning URL.

The Sipwise::JitsiProvisioning assumes that the XCAP URL is:

my $xcap_ip = $domain;

so the URL becomes:

XCAP_SERVER_URI=$xcap_proto\://$xcap_ip\:$xcap_port/xcap

In my example it becomes:

https://myexampledomain.abc:1080/xcap

This of course doesn't work, as myexampledomain.abc points to my webserver
with a completely different IP address. On my installation I have modified
the Perl Module to set the XCAP URL to
https://xcap.myexampledomain.abc:1080/xcap
Then I have configured the NGinx Server to remove the "xcap." from the
hostname passed to the kamailio proxy in the P-NGCP-XCAP-Host header
variable.

The autoconfiguration of Jitsi works fine now, however it would be nice if
NGCP could handle this by itself.

Best regards, Marc