[Spce-user] multiple ethernet interfaces on SIPwise CE

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Wed Jun 26 09:21:42 EDT 2013

El Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:25:23 +1000
"Bob Fryer" <bob at netintegrity.com.au> escribió:

>     extra_sockets:
>
>       telcoprivateint: udp: 10.23.215.20:5060
>

> and set this as selected in the Peer (outbound Socket)
>

> ok we now have SIP flowing to the carrier. We can make a call out, phone
> rings on other end, person picks up....all the SIP Signalling working.
> However no Voice either way.
>
> Confirmed that RTP is using the eth1 interface and  not over the private
> link(eth2). Main issue is that RTP negotiation in the SDP is showing
> coming from the Eth1 interface and appears no way of overriding this.
>

> Any proven ideas on correcting this issue?
>
> Any confirmation that we generally understand the issue correctly? We
> are not seasoned professionals with SIP but strong IP Networkng skills,
> but have a reasonable handle on sip, but first time on SIPwise. My
> wording may not be correct either as writing this quicker than I would
> like.

extra_sockets will help you in case the peer has firewalled the sip signaling
but accepts the rtp traffic as offered in SIP. In case you need the rtp to go
through the tunnel, you'd better set up that tunnel against your peer in a
router and use it as default gateway.

I've seen this scenario in many operators sending traffic to BT, which asks for
dedicated tunnel for SIP/RTP traffic.

> Any Assistance or thoughts would be appreciated, even if it is
> confirmation that we have no choice but to place another SIP Proxy
> between SIPwise and Private Peer.

That's another choice, right.