[Spce-user] Voicemail not answering on fresh SIP provider CE installation

Penn Wilbert pwilbert at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 07:49:25 EDT 2013

Daniel,

I'll update in a few hours about the status of this issue. I found the
archives after I had sent the email. In the archives I found a similar
issue happening to a user using a fresh install of 2.7 CE. We had not
updated the VM yet so I'll be testing shortly as to whether the issue still
happens or not after the update. If it doesn't work I'll send logs.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Daniel Grotti <dgrotti at sipwise.com> wrote:

>  Hi Penn,
> Can you see the call arrives in Asterisk ?
> Try to connect to Asterisk (asterisk -vvvvvr) and then make a call and see
> what happens.
>
> Could you also provide us with some logs ?
>
> - /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-proxy.log
>

> Thanks,
> Daniel
>

> On 03/12/2013 08:24 PM, Penn Wilbert wrote:
>
>  I loaded the sip provider CE VirtualBox VM on my server. I went through
> the motions to add the system. I have added a few SIP devices to the system
> and can make calls back and forth. However I cannot get voicemail to work.
> I set one number to forward to Voicebox all the time and when I call the
> number I get a fast beep tone and a eventual call failed.
>
> I can log in to the web interfaces with the users and see the missed
> calls. I cannot find the PIN for the user when they dial 2000 to get access
> to the voicemail system, even though the system answers and asks for a
> phone and PIN.
>
>  The asterisk server is running and the config on the server does state
> that voicemail is yes.
>
>  Thank you for your time!
>
> --
> Penn Wilbert