[Spce-user] Private IP space without NAT

Thilo Bangert thilo.bangert at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 07:36:52 EDT 2013

On Friday 15 March 2013 10:14:31 Jon Bonilla wrote:
> El Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:32:21 +0100
>
> Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert at gmail.com> escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> > we have spce running in private rfc1918 IP space - all clients and peers
> > are in either on the same subnet or in another, directly routed subnet,
> > which is also in private IP space.
> >
> > spce detects the clients being on private IP space and enables NAT
> > support.
> >
> > However, as outlined above, there is no NAT in our setup. I havent
> > experienced any problem yet, but should i be careful? i already have set
> > natping_interval: 0
> > is there anything else i should/could do?
> >
> > ideally i would like to disable NAT processing (nathelper et. al)
>
> There's no way that I know to easily disable NAT support in the spce.
> Usually, there shouldn't be any problem in your nonat scenario. The only
> reason I could imagine for disabling NAT is for performance reasons and it
> should be a quite big install if one server doesn't handle all your traffic
> (you would need a sip:carrier :P)

ok - we're not there (yet :)

> regarding performance, the NAT keepalive traffic, which you already disabled
> and the rtp traffic, which can be disabled via the "never_use_rtpproxy" in
> the admin interface are the options to disable.

ah - yes. that one i also already have disabled.

> If the reason is for disabling ip mangling in SIP, you have an array in
> config.yml called  "kamailio.lb.nattest_exception_ips" you could use as
> guide to check where you can create a custom template to disable the
> contact mangling.

i dont have that option in my 2.7 config - 2.8 feature? however, there is no
mangling going on as far as i can tell, and currently i dont mind spending a
few cpu cycles on doing nothing...

> Maybe someone of my colleagues at sipwise has a cleaner solution, but you
> don't have a problem IMHO.

thanks for confirming this.

kind regards
Thilo