[Spce-user] Private IP space without NAT

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Fri Mar 15 05:14:31 EDT 2013

El Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:32:21 +0100
Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> we have spce running in private rfc1918 IP space - all clients and peers are
> in either on the same subnet or in another, directly routed subnet, which is
> also in private IP space.
>
> spce detects the clients being on private IP space and enables NAT support.
>
> However, as outlined above, there is no NAT in our setup. I havent
> experienced any problem yet, but should i be careful? i already have set
> natping_interval: 0
> is there anything else i should/could do?
>
> ideally i would like to disable NAT processing (nathelper et. al)

There's no way that I know to easily disable NAT support in the spce. Usually,
there shouldn't be any problem in your nonat scenario. The only reason I could
imagine for disabling NAT is for performance reasons and it should be a quite
big install if one server doesn't handle all your traffic (you would need a
sip:carrier :P)

regarding performance, the NAT keepalive traffic, which you already disabled
and the rtp traffic, which can be disabled via the "never_use_rtpproxy" in the
admin interface are the options to disable.

If the reason is for disabling ip mangling in SIP, you have an array in
config.yml called  "kamailio.lb.nattest_exception_ips" you could use as guide
to check where you can create a custom template to disable the contact mangling.

Maybe someone of my colleagues at sipwise has a cleaner solution, but you don't
have a problem IMHO.

cheers,

Jon