[Spce-user] routing calls between peers

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Sat Mar 23 15:40:18 EDT 2013

El Sat, 23 Mar 2013 17:32:11 -0000
"Ahmed Murad" <am at sipalto.com> escribió:

> Hello,
>

> I am new to SIPWISE, do you have any guides on how to route calls from 1
> peer to another peer via the SIPWISE box?
>

> Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Best regards,

Hi Ahmed

By default, the spce does not allow peer-peer calls. It only allows
peer-subscriber, subscriber-subscriber and subscriber-peer.

But you can indeed send calls from one peer to another. There are two ways. Let
me explain them and their differences:

- You have the option "force_outbound_calls_to_peer" you can set in the proxy
  preferences in the admin interface. If this option is set, any incoming call
  coming from this peer will be routed to pstn (to another or the same peer)
  based on the peer rules. This will be done even if the callee is a local
  subscriber.

- There's another option in config.yml which is called "allow_peer_relay".
  This is global and will work like this: When a call comes from a peer it
  will terminate the call locally if the calee is local or will send the call
  to the pstn following the peer rules if not.

The first method has the advantage of being specific for a single peer and you
can enable it per peer. I use it for sbc scenarios or pure peer-peer scenarios,
where you don't have local subscriber or those are "sbc subscribers with upper
registration".

The second one is global, it will be enabled for all you peers. The advantage
is that it won't send out you local calls. I use this for migrations, where you
still need to send the traffic of legacy class5 systems via the new Sipwise
Class5.

In case you want to sell minutes to other peers and change them for it, the
above options have a problem: The rating engine is not prepared atm to bill and
charge peering servers. You'll get the cdrs and you will need to use an
external billing system for the charges. If this is your case you still have a
third option:

- Create your pstn gateways as peers. But other providers, you clients, the
  ones you want to charge create them as *subscribers*. Creating them as
  subscribers will allow you to rate them, apply ncos, prepaid (in case of
  pro) and lots of features not present in peer options. You just need to
  create a permanent contact for them, set them as trusted form the ip
  addresses they use and allow all the clis (if you want).

Please let me know which scenario you're looking for and if any of these three
options match it.

cheers,

Jon