[Spce-user] ngcpct='sip:127.0.0.1:5080' in Contact header

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Wed Mar 27 11:41:14 EDT 2013

Hi,

On 03/27/2013 04:11 PM, John Murray wrote:
> With a peer you are typically in some sort of relationship and can negotiate
> any fixes (not always the case of course). But with a subscriber you are
> dependent on the code in the device.
> In my experience with PBXs ( naming no names (but NEC is terrible)) are very
> bad with this header so it would be very helpful if there were some switch
> against the subscriber to remove this as a workaround.
> Getting the vendor to do something about this has always proven very
> difficult/painful/slow.

Well, the reason this has been added was to mask the local sems contact
of 127.0.0.1:5080, because some peers are doing far-end nat traversal
(like the SPCE itself), and if some peer tries to fix this, the SIP flow
is again broken.

So in one way or another, this information needs to be coded into the
message. I'm open for any better suggestions of course :)

Andreas