[Spce-user] production system - not accepting registration

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Thu May 2 06:34:11 EDT 2013

El Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:40:07 +0200
Matthew Ogden <matthew at tenacit.net> escribió:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> No, sorry, it occurred this morning (the first log I sent I had used the
> wrong day in grep). (I rebooted it at 10:40 today to make it work again).
>
> Memory usage seems a lot higher in 2.8 than 2.5, is that expected? Will
> upgrade it today, anything I can do to keep memory usage down till then?
>
> I think it might be related to when doing queries on CDRs, its seems much
> more intensive with the "details" section etc?

Mem usage should be higher but not much higher. If we're talking about low mem
systems yes, you might have a problem. 2.8 has more functionalities than 2.5
and it needs more memory.

Most probably the bigger impact you'll find when upgrading those 3 versions in
a row is that the lb will spawn much more processes. Here are some
recommendations to lower the memory usage of the spce:

- If you are not using it, disable presence:

kamailio.proxy.presence.enable

- If you're not using it, disable tls:

kamailio.lb.tls.enable

- Check the innodb buffer of mysql. By default the installer uses 50% of the mem
  available for this setting. In low mem devices maybe you can lower this
  setting. Ie: In 1GB test systems you can set it to 128Mb instead of 512MB

database.bufferpoolsize

- If you are not using tcp for your subscribers, you can lower the number of
  tcp receivers of the lb to 2 or 4 instead of the default 8:

kamailio.lb.tcp_children

- If it's a test system or you have low traffic, you can lower the udp children
  too. the default should be enough for about 50K subscribers.

kamailio.lb.udp_children
kamailio.proxy.children

What's your total RAM?
How much is you system using?