[Spce-user] Presence setup?

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Thu May 2 06:54:26 EDT 2013

El Mon, 29 Apr 2013 23:09:29 +1000
Andrew Yager <andrew at rwts.com.au> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Please excuse the exceptional n00b question.
>
> Very simply, how does one get presence to work? I've been playing with SPCE,
> some polycom phones and Bria, and just can't get it to play nice.
>
> Is there a good reference on how these things are put together, setup and/or
> used?
>
> Running SPCE 2.8 if that helps…

A factory-default spce should have presence enabled. In you config.yml you can
find the setting in kamailio.proxy.presence.enable

We've developed/tested the presence using jitsi mainly. You can run SIMPLe and
also XCAP with the spce. Maybe the configuration options in your client could
be the problem? Could you test it with your Bria or jitsi, see if you can make
it work and if not come back to us so we can ask you for networking options and
client configuration issues?